Superfoods are foods that contain a high level of various vitamins, minerals and other components that are beneficial for one’s health. These foods have a great nutritional value and protect us from various diseases. Keep reading in order to find out what are the foods you should definitely include into your diet.
Organic living is a lifestyle in a way that is healthy for you and the environment. The term “organic” has several definitions, and many people are still confused by it. As for foods, organic means foodstuff that did not go through fertilization and pesticides. As for living, organic simply means a healthy lifestyle, much as the foods that are not processed with harmful chemicals.
We now Carry: Heritage Bee Farm Honey & Honey Sticks
Family-owned, Local Florida Honey 1lb & 3lb sizes including glass bottle w/ cork Wildflower & Orange Blossom Honey Flavored Honey Sticks (including Blueberry, Apple, Pina Colada, Pink Lemonade, Grape, Strawberry, Lemon, Cherry, Chocolate, & Wildflower)
Introducing All Varieties of Buddha Teas: Tea formulas for weight loss, sleep, relaxation, and CBD teas as well.
Think of stone fruit in a new way and let them shine in this delightful salad. So versatile, let the season’s freshest fruits guide this recipe all summer long. And, using lemon-favored fish oil as a main ingredient in a vinaigrette is a creative (and delicious) way to incorporate Omega-3’s into your diet!
- 2 cups of chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 large ripe peach, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 large ripe nectarine, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 large plums, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/4 cup of celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. of red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup of almonds, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 tsp. of lemon flavor fish oil (rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids!)
- 3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. of local honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
Combine chicken salad ingredients in a large bowl, and toss gently.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
Pour dressing over chicken salad, and gently toss.
Serve on Napa cabbage leaves and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and a lemon wedge.
This nutrient rich soup helps provide fiber rich vegetables in an easy-to-digest format. Soups are delicious for a light summer lunch or dinner paired with your favorite bread or light salad.
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 3/4 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped (or green bell pepper)
- 5 to 6 cups of organic vegetable stock
- 1 (14oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. Aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro or parsley, chopped
Heat oil in large pot and saute garlic, ginger, lemongrass and crushed red pepper. Stir in mushrooms, sweet potatoes and bell pepper, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the stock, bring to boil and then reduce heat.
Simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the coconut milk and aminos, and stir. Serve sprinkled with cilantro or parsley.
As more and more people are turning to more organic lifestyles and trying to improve their health through adopting better eating habits, there are also many people going one step further and enjoying the health benefits of a raw food diet. In this article I am going to firstly look at; why so many people are choosing raw foods over cooked, what the benefits are, and give you tips on how to start eating a mainly raw food diet.
Shampoos and Conditioners
Creams, Lotions, Moisturizers
Sun protection and cold protection
Hey Everyone, check out our discounted Organic Teas from Numi Teas and Steep Teas. Both Brands are 30% off.
Here are easy 5-Questions to quickly determine if a food is alkaline. If you’re ever wondering this simple set of questions, and if the answers are more Yes, than No, then chances are, it’s alkaline. If you get more No’s, then the food is likely acidic forming and should be avoided (or at least enjoyed in moderation).
Now you can order your favorite ORGANIC, VEGETARIAN, or VEGAN fare and have it delivered right to your door through GrubHub*!
Check out GrubHub to place your order for freshly pressed juices, prepared-to-order smoothies, delicious healthy and hearty sandwiches, and even pizza! The menus for both Brandon and Temple Terrace locations are loaded on the GrubHub site so you can check out the latest offerings.
*GrubHub delivery terms apply
1. Seat Placement
Set a tiny pumpkin place marker at settings to add a festive touch to your fall table setting.
Write the names of your guests with a permanent marker on each graceful gourd.
Pumpkins come in a variety of sizes and shapes, so if orange clashes with your color scheme seek out pumpkins in more neutral tones such as ivory or white.
In addition to small gatherings, pumpkin place cards are also a charming way to greet guests at a large bash, such as a wedding.
2. Soup’s On
It may look like something you’d see in a 5-star gourmet restaurant, but you can easily pull off this dish in the comfort of your own home.
Simply select bowl-sized pumpkins, cut off the tops, scoop out the seeds, and roast in an oven for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Voila! Edible tureens for your fall soup.
3. Flower Power
While pumpkins make sweet, simple decorations on their own, they can also be festively functional.
Select a medium-sized pumpkin, slice off the top and carve out the flesh and seeds.
Insert a small vase or another watertight container into the base of the pumpkin, add water, and create your own artful display of autumn flowers, berries, and branches.
4. Beyond the Happy Face
At some point in your life you’ve undoubtedly carved or painted a face onto a pumpkin, but why stop there?
Paint offers endless options for decorating. From gold glitter to stripes and polka dots, these edible art pieces add curb appeal or a festive touch to any interior.
If you’re feeling ambitious, paint an original greeting across a series of pumpkins.
5. Light it Up
This twinkle-lit take puts a fresh spin on tradition.
The main focus at Halloween has always been sweets and treats. But if you’re trying to stay healthy while still serving spooky snacks there are plenty of options out there. We collected 13 of our favorite healthy Halloween recipes from around the web. Great for ghosts and goblins of all ages.
1. Boo-Nana Pops: Frozen bananas (covered in chocolate or white chocolate) are one of our favorite treats, and these ghosts on a stick do not disappoint. (via Skinny Taste)
2. Cheese Witches’ Brooms: These party appetizers are downright wicked. (via Cocinando Con Catman)
3. Eyeball Platter: Okay, some of these are more dessert than healthy snacks, but the banana peanut butter eyeball should fit both the healthy and spooky bill. (via Snack Picks)
4. Jack-o’-Lantern Rice Balls: These tasty rice balls get their bright orange hue from the rice being cooked with carrot juice. (via Apron Strings)