Think of stone fruit in a new way and let them shine in this delightful salad. So versatile, let the season’s freshest fruits guide this recipe all summer long. And, using lemon-favored fish oil as a main ingredient in a vinaigrette is a creative (and delicious) way to incorporate Omega-3’s into your diet!
- 2 cups of chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 large ripe peach, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 large ripe nectarine, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 large plums, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/4 cup of celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. of red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup of almonds, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 tsp. of lemon flavor fish oil (rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids!)
- 3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. of local honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
Combine chicken salad ingredients in a large bowl, and toss gently.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
Pour dressing over chicken salad, and gently toss.
Serve on Napa cabbage leaves and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and a lemon wedge.