Vegetable Yum Soup
This nutrient rich soup helps provide fiber rich vegetables in an easy-to-digest format. Soups are delicious for a light summer lunch or dinner paired with your favorite bread or light salad.
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 3/4 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped (or green bell pepper)
- 5 to 6 cups of organic vegetable stock
- 1 (14oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. Aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro or parsley, chopped
Heat oil in large pot and saute garlic, ginger, lemongrass and crushed red pepper. Stir in mushrooms, sweet potatoes and bell pepper, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the stock, bring to boil and then reduce heat.
Simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the coconut milk and aminos, and stir. Serve sprinkled with cilantro or parsley.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.